Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Brand New Day

For those of you following along at home:

On January 3rd, my long time love Ren will be accepting my hands in a vow of love and non-legally binding matrimony.  We have been waiting anxiously for this silly country to come to it's senses and allow us the same rights that heterosexuals have, and yet every time it seems to come close to being a legally accepted thing, the rug keeps getting swept out from under our feet.  


At this point we've waited a LONG time to declare our love officially, and legal or not, the time has come.  We're holding a small, close friends only ceremony.  Rings will be exchanged, good food shared with the people we love, music will be played and there will be dancing (oh yes, there will be dancing).  

Perhaps down the road, we will be given the same benefits and rights that other couples in love have... until then I just want to say that our relationship has now lasted longer than 75% of the hetero married couples I have known in my life (including my own family).   We can wait for the legalities, but our relationship deserves a party... deserves to be celebrated... in other words...

It is time to dance.  

6 comments:

  1. Best wishes, much happiness and lots of love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say how happy I am for the two of you. I will lift a glass of bubbly to celebrate your special day on January 3rd. May your future be filled with love, mutual respect, and great sex. --:giggle:-- I am sure you already have that, but it never hurts to have good thoughts on your side.

    Congratulations to the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah! Oh yeah! *shaking my booty*


    A dance sounds great the only problem is I just learned how the walk in the these things, could I wear a pair of tennis shoes instead?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, that is so awesome. clap! clap! clap!

    I always get giddy when I find out 'awesomesauce' people are getting married. ;) Actually I get giddy even if I find out their getting engaged. I guess I just get giddy at eternal love!

    Best wishes & lots of Love,

    Dyvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Melissa and Renee:

    I send you both my best wishes! Big hugs to you too and may you continue to be the light that you are for all of us.

    Let's dance!

    Love
    Akane

    ReplyDelete